The goal of our competition - that is held every year-, is to gather the latest information observed and collected by the fowlers entering the contest, regarding all the movements of all the birds in the area at the time.
The location of the competition is the protected natural area and the Natura 2000 area, as well as the areas declared wetlands of international importance according to the Ramsarian agreement. The data gathered in all these areas carries great importance.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The competition is held from 6 AM to 6 PM in Tata at the territory shown on the map provided to all participants.
- Start and finish of the contest is at the observation tower, open from 5 AM. The species variety list is provided at the time of registration and has to be dropped off at the same place.
- Participation in groups is limited to 3 people.
- The species variety list consists of the type of birds the 3 members of the group can identify.
- The list can have type of birds what only 2 members of the team can identify, but those can only be 10% of all the bird types absorbed. In this case the number of persons made the observation has to be noted in the comment section of the form.
- Bird types were observed by only 1 member of the team is not considered.
- Observation by sight or by sound has to be separately noted.
- It is allowed to have 1 companion to the group, whose name has to appear in the book. This person can’t participate in the competition, has to stay neutral and passive through the contest and cannot have a telescope.
- Groups can participate in two separate categories. Junior (under the age of 18) and adult (over the age of 18). Each group is awarded first, second and third price.
- Result announcements are only made in each category if more than 5 participating groups turned their species variety list in.
- Birds absorbed outside the competition’s location can only count, if the bird watcher himself was inside the allowed area.
- If there is a waiting line at the observation tower, the maximum time spent in the tower is limited to 15 minutes.
- During the competition there is only pedestrian traffic allowed in the affected area.
- To stay in the lake.
- To use a tape recording device.
- To use high performance flood lights aiming into the water of the lake.
- To separate from your group for more than 50 meters during the contest.
- To disturb the peace of the residences around the lake.
- The only devices allowed to be used are: binoculars, telescope and flashlight.
- During the competition please practice ethical behavior. Participants shouldn’t impede or intimidate each other. It is however allowed to help each other by giving information.
- Pay attention to the Nomenclature Committee’s correct recording regarding any rear variety of species found. Their description has to be made by the observer.
- Be careful and protect the historical and natural treasures’ original condition.
THINGS CAN EFFECT THE FINAL RESULTS
In case of a tie, decision will be made under the following conditions:
- The type of species absorbed by all 3 competitors of the team.
- Number of bird types absorbed.
- Who noticed the fair’s best bird type
- Who noticed the most interesting bird type
- Which group noticed the competition’s best bird type before the other
- Which group noticed the competition’s most interesting bird type before the other
Giving a reward for the fair’s best bird type is decided by the game committee, based on its international and nature protection status.
It is very important to record every finding in the comment section, including the time, the exact location and the number of special birds observed.
These notes can make a difference in placements.
The observers of the two winning bird categories mentioned above will be awarded by a special price, according who find them first during the competition.